The Healing And Medicinal Properties Of Aloe Vera

Healing Medicinal Properties Aloe Vera

The Healing And Medicinal Properties Of Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera is a long time used medicinal plant that has many uses in the area of natural healing.
While this plant is about 99% water, the remaining 1%, contains powerful nutrients that work together to provide various medicinal and health values.

These ingredients include vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anthraquinones, enzymes, lignins, saponins, fatty acids, and salicylic acid.

Each one of these categories could have their article in their right, regardless of the individual molecules and ongoing studies into their effects. For this article, we are going to look at how all the properties of Aloe Vera work together and the benefits they provide.

Aids Digestion

Aloe Vera contains both anti-inflammatory and laxative components. As a result, it’s juice can normalize acidity and balance pH to lessen the formation of yeast. This encourages digestive bacteria and regularizes bowel processing.

Burn Treatment

The gel of this plant has a protective effect against radiation damage to the skin. Use Aloe Vera on burns. It will allow the area to heal at a faster rate and prevent UV-induced suppression.

Cold Sore Medication

When used a few times a day, Aloe Vera eases the discomfort and speeds the healing process of cold cores. Thanks to it antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Since this medicinal plant is also safe to consume by mouth, there is no fear in swallowing it.

Stabilizes Blood Sugars

Aloe Vera can reduce the levels of blood glucose and serum triglyceride concentrations. This makes it a good choice for those who are diabetic as a natural way to balance their blood sugars.

Hair And Scalp Moisturizer

The many nutrients found in Aloe Vera support and promote the health of your hair and scalp. Can help naturally curb dandruff and dryness of the scamp that causes itching.
Immune System Health – Enzymes in Aloe Vera help break down protein in food.  They turn them into amino acids that feed muscle and also fuel cells in the body. This promotes the immune system to function healthily. It also gives a natural boost to the immune system.

Reduce Inflammation

There is an incredible number of vitamins and minerals present in Aloe vera that aid in the reduction of inflammation and fight free radical damage.

Potential Cancer-Fighting Properties

While more research has to be done on this, a study published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine looked at the therapeutic properties of one of the compounds in the plant’s leaves, called Aloe Emodin. The authors suggest that the succulent shows potential to lessen the growth of breast cancer. However, it is not conclusive.

Soothe Skin Irritations

Topical applications of Aloe Vera are effective in treating psoriasis, dermatitis, surgical wounds, and many other skin conditions. The Department of Clinical Physiology in Sweden conducted a study in 1996 covering sixty patients who suffered from psoriasis.

Half of sixty patients were given an Aloe Vera cream, and the other half was given a placebo. The cure rate among those who received this medicinal plant was eighty-three percent compared to seven percent in the placebo group. There were also no relapses reported after twelve months.

This plant is easy to find just about anywhere. You can grow your aloe plant at home, or you can purchase aloe gel, latex, juice, and extracts in your local health food store. It is important to ensure that you are reading the labels of the Aloe products you are purchasing to ensure they are certified, as not all aloe products are going to produce the same benefits. Having your plant is the easiest and least expensive way to reap all of the benefits of Aloe Vera on a regular basis.

Click here for Essential oils list

× Login Brands